'On demand' streamed programmes - no subtitles?
Ian Jackson
2024-02-26 13:50:50 UTC
I'ev just got a new Freeview 'PVR' box. It works fine with normal
off-dish RF signals. It also connects to my router, so I can watch BBC
iPlayer, ITV's X etc - but it appears that no subtitles are ever
available. Is this normal?
--
Ian
Aims and ambitions are neither attainments nor achievements
Jeff Layman
2024-02-26 14:14:29 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
I'ev just got a new Freeview 'PVR' box. It works fine with normal
off-dish RF signals. It also connects to my router, so I can watch BBC
iPlayer, ITV's X etc - but it appears that no subtitles are ever
available. Is this normal?
I've watched many programmes on iPlayer which are subtitled.

On my Panasonic you can get to the subtitles by using the "up" arrow
twice on the remote's 4-way navigation control. The first press shows
three icons at top left - "Episodes", "Subtitles and Settings, and "+"
("Watchlist"). The second press of the up arrow will highlight
"Episodes". Then use the right arrow to move to "Subtitles". Press the
enter key and the subtitle font size option will appear. Choose whatever
size suits you, then use the "Return" key to get back to the main
screen. Hopefully you will now have subtitles. You can check by pressing
the down arrow when "Subtitles on" should appear at bottom left below
the elapsed time bar.

I can't comment on the other TV streaming services because I'm not
subscribed to any of them.
Jeff
Ian Jackson
2024-02-26 21:08:23 UTC
Post by Jeff Layman
Post by Ian Jackson
[...]
Many thanks. I've managed to find the On Demand subtitles for the BBC,
but not ITV X. I'll be trying the other (free) ones later!