Netflix ceasing support for Samsung BD-F6500 Blu-Ray player
n***@aolbin.com
2024-03-12 17:21:55 UTC
For a while we've had a message that Netflix will "not be supporting
this device from <a date in March>" ... can anyone here explain why, and
whether there's anything that can be done?
Rupert Moss-Eccardt
2024-03-13 18:21:53 UTC
Post by n***@aolbin.com
For a while we've had a message that Netflix will "not be supporting
this device from <a date in March>" ... can anyone here explain why, and
whether there's anything that can be done?
I would imagine the number of users against the cost of maintaining the
code base and/or supporting the users has proven to be not sustainable
within the metrics that Netflix/Samsung wish to pay.

So, I can't imagine anything can be done.
Blueshirt
2024-03-13 21:31:39 UTC
Post by Rupert Moss-Eccardt
Post by n***@aolbin.com
For a while we've had a message that Netflix will "not be
supporting this device from <a date in March>" ... can
anyone here explain why, and whether there's anything that
can be done?
I would imagine the number of users against the cost of
maintaining the code base and/or supporting the users has
proven to be not sustainable within the metrics that
Netflix/Samsung wish to pay.
So, I can't imagine anything can be done.
Yeah, apart from buying a newer Blu-Ray player I wouldn't think
there's anything that could be done. Netflix would probably say
it's uneconomical to support every single device out there.