Impact of Eclipse
Jeff Gaines
2024-04-09 07:17:49 UTC
I know people here have a variety of digital equipment. My Roberts Stream
set its time an hour back last night, is this a side effect of the eclipse?
--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who
watch them without doing anything. (Albert Einstein)
alan_m
2024-04-09 08:25:45 UTC
Post by Jeff Gaines
I know people here have a variety of digital equipment. My Roberts
Stream set its time an hour back last night, is this a side effect of
the eclipse?
It's due to climate change, aliens or Brexit!
Davey
2024-04-09 09:32:19 UTC
On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 09:25:45 +0100
Post by alan_m
Post by Jeff Gaines
I know people here have a variety of digital equipment. My Roberts
Stream set its time an hour back last night, is this a side effect
of the eclipse?
It's due to climate change, aliens or Brexit!
Don't forget Trump. If only I could.
(Or does Trump come under the Aliens heading?)
Davey.
JMB99
2024-04-09 11:47:22 UTC
Was that him blocking off the light from the sun?
NY
2024-04-09 22:22:06 UTC
Post by JMB99
Post by Davey
Don't forget Trump. If only I could.
Was that him blocking off the light from the sun?
Depends if the light that did get past him was orange!

Mark Carver
2024-04-09 08:44:58 UTC
Post by Jeff Gaines
I know people here have a variety of digital equipment. My Roberts
Stream set its time an hour back last night, is this a side effect of
the eclipse?
The way our TV News programmes were behaving yesterday, you'd have
thought it was this planet's first ever (and last ever) solar eclipse !
JMB99
2024-04-09 11:46:41 UTC
Post by Mark Carver
The way our TV News programmes were behaving yesterday, you'd have
thought it was this planet's first ever (and last ever) solar eclipse !
I was watching during the evening. For some time there were some very
visible solar flares but none of the presenters mentioned it.
Spike
2024-04-09 12:32:43 UTC
Post by Mark Carver
Post by Jeff Gaines
I know people here have a variety of digital equipment. My Roberts
Stream set its time an hour back last night, is this a side effect of
the eclipse?
The way our TV News programmes were behaving yesterday, you'd have
thought it was this planet's first ever (and last ever) solar eclipse !
[warning of slight hyperbole]

Well, the planet is set to combust, as far as today’s ruling by the
European Court of Human Rights is concerned, as it champions the cause of
some elderly Swiss women who don’t like warm summers (according to BBC R4
reporting).
Spike
John Hall
2024-04-09 09:37:13 UTC
Post by Jeff Gaines
I know people here have a variety of digital equipment.
Weird!
Post by Jeff Gaines
My Roberts Stream set its time an hour back last night, is this a side
effect of the eclipse?
It sounds like it thought it should still be on GMT, suggesting that its
date or country info might somehow have been scrambled. It's hard to see
how an eclipse - especially one that was only partial and even that only
in part of the UK - could have that effect, though. After all, sunset
and sunrise don't.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people