Digital Radio
Jeff Gaines
2024-03-12 09:47:38 UTC
Is digital radio on topic for the group?

I use a Roku box and stream HD TV no problems so my Internet connection
seems up to scratch.

I also stream Internet radio through my Yamaha RX-S601D as I don't have a
DAB aerial. One radio station, Mellow Magic - the one I enjoy, produces a
horrible crackly reception with occasional dropouts. Other station are
fine (given that I haven't been through of them).

Is there something they could be doing at Magic to produce such awful
reception? Dry joint, low bandwidth???

Not sure they'll care if I tell them, I think it's run by robots, but
wondered what the issue might be?
--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
The first five days after the weekend are the hardest.
MikeS